Sleep deprivation can cause fatigue, clumsiness, weight gain, hallucinations and even make your toes fall off. Just Kidding! Those are just a few of the many side effects to not getting enough sleep. I know that when I don’t get a lot of sleep I am very cranky and have a lower tolerance for B.S.
The best way to end insomnia is to go to the root of the issue and figure out what is really causing you to have a hard time sleeping.
1. Personal Issues – Did you just experience a breakup, death in the family, or betrayal? When our emotions have been shattered our stress level increases and our minds often begin to race. We must understand that shitty things will happen in our life. To over analyze or worry is a waste of time. Try to deal with your emotions by journaling, praying or meditating. If these things don’t help consider getting professional help.
2. Work Issues – Do you have a big project deadline coming up? Do you hate your job? Do you feel like there is something else you should be doing for work? All of these things and many more related to work can cause your insomnia. Work on tackling the issues on your mind before bed time. If you have a deadline … don’t procrastinate. Hate your job? Find a new one. Do you think there is something else you should be doing? Sit with yourself and think about what you truly desire. You can make it happen.
3. Health Condition – You may have a sleeping disorder and not even know it. Snoring, sleep apnea, and restless leg syndrome are a few common ones. If you suspect you are experiencing a sleep disorder visit your doctor and get some tests.
4. Sleep Environment – Do you sleep with your T.V. on? Is your room too cold or too hot? These and many other things can affect your sleeping habits. Make sure your bed is comfortable, the room is a good temperature for you, and keep the T.V. off when going to bed. I personally don’t like to have a T.V. in my room at all. A bed room should be for sleeping, relaxation and love making.
More Tips for Falling Asleep Faster
- Don’t eat within a few hours of going to bed
- Do something relaxing before bed like reading a book, writing in your journal or meditating.
- Avoid the T.V. like the plague
- Take a Hot Shower
- Take Deep Breaths
- Drink an Herbal Sleep Tea
- Start Taking a Sleep Supplement
- Use Brain Waves
Click on the Picture Below to Learn More About Brain Waves
**Pills, Potions & Magic Spells to Help You Sleep**
Just kidding about the magic spells. 🙂 In the world today, there are so many products and even medications that promise to help you with your insomnia. However, medications come at a hefty price with all of their side effects. Choose an all natural sleep aid and it will lessen your chance of experiencing ill side effects.
My go to supplement for sleep, memory, exercise endurance and longevity is called New You. You can read about it in the picture below. To get New You for yourself Click Here.
To Your Health & Happiness,
Thanks to http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/ for the photo yo!